Saturday, July 30, 2011

You SHAWL not pass!

Clever title... really has nothing to do with the post.  Well, "shawl" does but that's about it.  I'm coming along thank you very much Mr Gandalf.

Firstly, I hope all y'all are enjoying the Math for Knitters.  Please share with friends etc. who might be having issues with knitting/fibre arts that my math might help with ;)

I am working on a shawl for my mom for her birthday.  It's the Trinity Shawlette.  I think it will be very nice when it's done!  I'm doing version 1 because I was thinking of version 3 but then I forgot.  I think I have one or two repeats to go.  It will probably be too big if I use all my yarn (~600yds of Misti Alpaca Pima Silk DK in "Eucalyptus Leaf").  I'm going to go to 8 repeats I think and then start the border.

It's my first shawl and my first lace, but it's coming along quite well and I think it will be nice once it's all blocked. 

I also downloaded the "Instagram" app for my phone.  It makes everything I do look hipster and arty!  So this is a closeup of the stitch pattern.  Actually the app did a good job of showing the stitches!  Maybe I'll Instagram everything from now on ... not.  (The app borderline bugs me... it can be used for comedic effect but I really think it doesn't take too much skill to use it.  Real film... now that's skill.)

Well, I've gotta go clean the apartment for guests tonight... Chili cookoff, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment