Sunday, May 15, 2011

Knit Happens

So I was looking for a terrible pun on something knitting related and hopefully this one is bad enough :D Anyway this is my first post and I'm testing out. Every time I want to do a blog I make like 3 posts then I stop... hopefully this one will be different! If people read the blog then I'd write more... so we'll see how that works.

Anyway, I have two projects on the needles right now. One is a pair of toe-up socks in some Bernat acrylic. I'm not a fan but I wanted to try toe-up socks, so we'll see how they turn out! The other one is the Aidez Cardigan which is coming along swimmingly. I'm knitting in Cascade Eco+. I like the yarn, it's soft and easy to work with. I am knitting seamless which might prove to have been a stupid idea given that this is my first big project and first cardigan.

However, there are some problems with the cabling which I must fix, so we'll see how that goes. I read an article from Yarn Harolot that said how to fix cables, so I'm basically dropping down like 10 stitches and seeing what happens.  You can see how the cable is supposed to travel up diagonally in the same pattern as the rest of the cable but it seems to be in some strange moss stitch so I'm going to work on fixing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment